View Full Description
Hugely Versatile Features
The MPK Mini II does not compromise on versatility. Much like the historic MPC range, the MPK Mini was designed to make sure producers had access to as much control in one piece of equipment as possible.
The MPK features 25 velocity sensitive (meaning it accurately responds to how heavy you play), synth action keys, octave selection, and an intuitive 360-degree joystick which controls pitch shifting and modulation.
Beat making is easy with eight of Akai’s signature drum pads. Famed for their feel, response and longevity, Akai drum pads are second to none. These pads are dual layered pads, which can give a total of 16 assignable sounds.
This means you could have up to 16 drum samples, beat samples or even lighting queues (when used with the correct MIDI software), all available on this controller.
Easy to use with Software
Like many MIDI devices, the MPK Mini is a plug and play MIDI controller. Once the MPK is plugged into your computer, laptop, or even iPad your music software of choice will recognise that the MPK is plugged in. This will then automatically allow MIDI instruments to be controlled and played using the MPK.
The MPK also features its own software that unlocks even more potential. MPK mini MIDI Editor will allow you to dive into every detail of the MPK and re-map your controls to any MIDI setting you use within your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation).
The MPK mini MIDI Editor also gives access for up to four different programs, giving you capability of four MPK’s worth of features. These are then saved and easily re-callable using hardware on the instrument.
If you’re using a software synthesizer with the MPK Mini, you can assign the control knobs to various Filters, LFOs or Envelopes using this software. You can also assign specific sounds and triggers to the two banks of drum pads using this software, as well as a host of other settings and controls.
Incredible Build and Design
The MPK Mini is ideal for musicians and producers in any environment. The keyboard is powered by the USB connection on your device. Combined with the MPK's compact design it can be put in your backpack or gig bag and used on the go. Originally given the working title of the 'Vader', the new black finish not only looks stunning but equally contemporary and professional, making it suitable for all environments and occasions.
The hardware controls allow for a quick access to recording features, as well as Octave Up and Down buttons, meaning you can take your 25 keys across all octaves. As well as an onboard arpeggiator, note repeat, and Joystick to control modulation and pitch shifting, all built into the MPK Mini. It is a producer’s dream in a portable package.
Free Essential Collection by CR2
The Essential Collection, designed by industry-leading sound designers CR2, is exclusive to Akai. Providing beginners and advanced producers alike with the highest quality samples, presets, songstarters and templates within Ableton (Lite, Standard, Suite and Drum Rack versions).
This pack features eight drum racks, six audio fx racks, eight groovy MIDI drum clips and eight already professionally mixed drum loops! With a staggering 128 one shot samples spanning kick, bass, cymbal, snare and more, as well as 40 melodic, bass, vocal and ambient loops, this pack expands your sonic arsenal like no other.
- Incorporates 5 years of user feedback for an all-new, enhanced design
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation control
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with Note Repeat & Full Level
- 8 assignable Q-Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins, and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- Dedicated Octave Up and Octave Down buttons
- Ultra-compact design lets you create anywhere
- USB-powered; no power adapter required
- Full-size sustain pedal input jack
- Comprehensive production software package included: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
- Number of Keys: 25 velocity-sensitive
- Pads: 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 2 banks
- Knobs: 8 assignable controller pots
- Computer interface: USB-MIDI communications to Mac/PC
- Programs: 4
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: Pitchbend/Mod Joystick, Note Repeat button, Full Level button, Tap Tempo button
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS input for sustain pedal
- Power: USB power via full-size USB jack; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 12.5" x 7.13" x 1.75"
- Weight: 1.65 lbs